Greyfall: The Endless Dungeon - Chapter 1
A downloadable game for Windows
Greyfall: The Endless Dungeon is a rogue-lite ARPG in which the player customizes their own adventure, making every playthrough a unique experience.
The player takes on the role of Aghon, a warrior fighting his way through the mountain of Greyfall to destroy the source of Emer, a magical power that grants wizardly skills at the cost of corrupting those who utilize it. By destroying the source of Emer, which is also the origin of his own power, Aghon aims to end his kingdom’s suffering once and for all.
BUILD THE DUNGEONS' LAYOUT
Choose your strategy to increase your chance of success. Decide the distribution of the dungeons’ rooms, conditioning the duration of your game session, the dangers you'll face, and the treasures you'll discover. Every dungeon holds unforeseen surprises. Every playthrough is a unique experience.
CREATE YOUR HERO
Adapt your combat style to any situation. There's no such thing as character classes in Greyfall. Choose among a great variety of skills, discover their deadliest combinations, and customize your fighting style without restrictions!
A WORLD ENGULFED IN A GLOOMY ATMOSPHERE
Unearth the magical corruption flowing from the cursed mountain of Greyfall. An inspired artistic direction immerses you into a land subjugated under the power of evil magic, where every character and environment come alive in outstanding detail.
Extract and run Greyfall.exe
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Been playing this game for more than two hours now and I'm not disappointed and quite amazed that this is a freeware release!
I have a couple of points for improving this title:
- The initial movement acceleration is different between the two control modes (WASD vs Point and Click) the character needs a moment before it starts walking when using WASD making the movement feel clunky.
- When using WASD there is no interpolation when changing movement direction causing slight issue with controlling the character (attacks missing targets etc..) also it makes the character feel like it can only move in 8 directions.
- When opening a chest you can spam 'F' and keep the chest looping the animation of opening
- Settings Menu automatically saves when moving between tabs or exiting, causing any custom configuration to be lost (%Appdata%/Greyfall).
- Regarding settings, the resolutions are limited to a select preset, the resolutions I play on are not available, so I resort to modifying the settings manually, and if I enter the settings menu after it, i lose the changes made.
- Almost all texts do not scale well on different resolutions, especially gameplay related texts (skill descriptions, lore, perks etc..)
Well done, i'll keep playing the game and following any updates you are coming up with.